Hit a creative writing streak as of late and been neglecting my photography. So little time plus the fact that 2+ weeks straight of Cold and RAIN has not left me thinking “Lets go spend the day shooting”. But there is rumor that the sun will make an appearance this weekend so you can rest assured I will be out grabbing many frames. I want to make this blog a bit more visual to go along with all the rambling I’m inclined to do.
I did however start to set up a small studio area in my office for days that the weather sucks or I just don’t feel well enough to get out and about. I do need to purchase some lights. Making do with some primitive things just to practice and learn. A while back I started thinking about overcoming any limitation as I age and stay creative in some aspect.
I’ve let some physical issues slow me down the last few months and I’m finding that it’s just a mental thing to keep productive. Yes it might be harder to be creative or spend the time I’d like or make it to events or locations, but it’s always possible to do something. And even on bad days its possible to do a lot of things. But I can totally relate to those who find it very difficult to get started or maintain a pace in the face of health issues.
But I’m learning and inspired the more I read and see in terms of other artist work. Instead of being intimidated it makes me try now. It gives me ideas. It forces me to look at an image and maybe see something else. I guess it’s the calm and confidence I finally have in myself that I lacked for so long. It’s a regret I have that I didn’t attempt more of an effort in my artistic desires after I left college, till almost 3 decades later.
Yes I’ve been creative in aspects of my newspaper career but not in the way I’d like to attempt now. So let me get my lazy behind to work here and see what productive use I can make of the remainder of the day.
Odd man out? Will we have to build an edging wall to keep these different colors out? Funny how all colors of flowers are beautiful but we don’t apply that logic to people.
Nice Pair. Double the beauty, double the enjoyment.
Random Thoughts for Thursday May 12th 2016
- How many words are too many?
- I miss having a pet. But then again its nice to be able to pick up and go for a day or two and not have to worry or impose on someone to help take care of them.
- I think I found the human battery recharger. The mindset to enjoy life and each day. I just have to stop misplacing the cable to it.
- Sharing knowledge and skills gives me a lot of satisfaction at the job that pays the bills. I look forward to the day that I have the experience in my arts that I might do the same thing. Long way to go in that respect.
- I’m learning that balance isn’t 100% one way one day and 100% the other way the next day.
- I like the color Soul Red from Mazda.