Nothing like starting a day early. Relaxed and reflective. Now there is a change of pace from the hurried and anxiety laden days I have sometime. I’m starting to realize how out of balance my life gets sometime with working hard at the job that pays the bills and all the other things I try to do. I’ve got to remember I’m in control and do better there.
I’m finding that if I’m more appreciative for what I have, I’m much happier. For instance having that old junker camera can allow me to do more than the high-end kit. At least in terms of having a camera with me at all times. I do pretty good at that goal. Now I just have to keep it in my hand more and press that shutter more. For the first time recently I found myself shooting like I realized I wasn’t limited by the number of frames in the roll and cost of each.
Sort of the way I should think about life in general. Trying to capture as many memories as I can in the 24 hours of each day. That is the one thing I’m glad the kids have going for them. They all have cameras now and snap away at everything. Now if they remember how important those images will be in the years to come. The problem with that generation though is they forgot how important a hard copy of it is. Yes that can be destroyed or damaged. But so can a digital file. Good to have a backup.
Speaking of which I need to invest in a working printer again and get back to making some physical prints. So much to do. It feels good doesn’t it? Does for me. Gives me something to look forward to as a wise person reminded me of yesterday.
- You ever notice how fast a bucket of Fisher Popcorn disappears after its opened? Man that stuff is addictive.
- Nothing like an early morning bike ride. On flat land that is. What, did you think I was talking about exercise. Surely you jest.
- Friends, food and fun. A great combination.
- Don’t you hate that feeling you get when you remember something you needed to do weeks ago.
- Bring on the heat. I love it. Can you tell I don’t want to let go of summer?
- Time to get ready to get busy.