Of course all deserts are my favorites. But today is National Pie Day and I thought I might have something to bring to the celebration. Yep, there is the photo I was looking for. A wonderful baked apple pie from one of my best friends wives made this summer at the beach. A little vanilla ice cream and a fork or spoon and I’m in heaven.
So another Monday upon us. Well its going to be a good one here and I hope where you are also. Yeah the day is filled with many errands, cleaning up the basement and filing papers and a few outdoor task. But I hope also for some time to photograph and write. I’m starting to relax a bit so that is usually when the words flow well.
I’m regaining some minimal use of my left arm and less pain each day. Of course PT starts this week so who knows what the techs will try to do with it. I hope it helps but I hear it’s not pleasant.
I do have to get out and shop for my better half’s birthday. And I get to do it without any input. That is always exciting. Surprise gifts, some of which of mine have bombed. So nerves will be thin till I see the reaction.
And I’ll leave you this morning with a few parting thoughts below, before I return with some more images and words later today.
- A windy day sometimes reminds me its time to get a haircut.
- Heard some political speak yesterday that I had never heard before. “Alternative Facts” I’m getting scared of the reality some people live in. And I’m no longer secure in the thought that the truth will win out.
- Few things more difficult to deal with than displeasing the ones you want to please.
- A few key people in my life remind me to never give up hope with people. To believe in them when even when it seems there is no hope. And for those who support them, you have my respect.
- I need to get back in the habit of writing my children more. And no kids you don’t have to write back each time. No pressure, I just like to communicate.
- You never realize how loud the wind is till your power goes out.
A big thank you to BG&E this morning for restoring my power. You guys work in some nasty weather. I had this post finished a few hours ago but without the power grid it goes no place.