I was listening to some Van Halen on the road and thought about the title of this song (Best of Both Worlds). Yeah, I would like that. I’d like to live long and be healthy. I’d like to get my paycheck but be retired. I’d like to have a thousand horsepower under my right foot and never get a ticket.
I’d like to be a better provider for my children and their children and share my wisdom but not overwhelm them. I’d like to travel with my better half but I can also be happy spending my days with her at home.
I’d love to drive till the tires fell off but without traffic. I’d love to see a world where we work on problems together. I’d like to have the thought that companies and their management had the best interest of both their customers and employees first in their hearts.
I’d like to see ideas and thoughtful plans instead of hype and rhetoric in our leaders. I’d like to see knowledge and empathy be more valuable than greed and apathy.
Well, I can dream, can’t I?
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I felt the excitement of a young man when my new parts catalog came for my car.
- Trust is becoming a lost art.
- Are we witnessing the beginning of the breakdown of our society as it was?
- Tuesday sounds like a good day for a haircut.
- If you want to remember what is really important in life, spend some time with an infant. (Love, care, shelter, food). Oh yeah, making them laugh.