I like saying hello, and good morning or evening. Sometimes even a how are you or have a great day.
At a minimum just looking friendly and smiling. I like holding the door for elderly people. Also women and children. Or even if it’s just the person behind me, even if it is a guy.
I don’t say or do these in passing. I believe I was taught these lessons at a young age and have just continued them. No, I’m not saying I’m the most considerate person around, but I do feel different than most people. It didn’t used to be uncommon to see lots of people doing this. Now its more the exception instead of the rule.
But I was encouraged by all the courtesy I did see at the beach on vacation this year. Maybe its when people relax and don’t have a million other things on their minds. Time is there to be friendly and courteous again.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I made my granddaughter laugh. My day is complete.
- Soft Stuff ice cream doesn’t seem to be what it was when it was outside and people lined up on the ramp.
- Actions or lack there of are what people really mean. So listen to less of what they say and more to what they do.
- If you have outside work to do, get up early and finish up early because the outside is set to broil.
- I’m going to focus on two things this weekend. Shooting more and getting some rest.