Someone very important to me is getting some replacement parts. Yep new knees. And if anyone deserves them its him. I’ve watched him struggle with pain for years, excuse me decades. It got me thinking about how lucky I am with that aspect of health so far. All they do with me is cut body parts out.
I’ve known a few people with organ transplants. Modern medicine is something isn’t it. But we can’t rely on medicine to correct everything. We have to do our own part. Something I haven’t always acknowledged.
As they say, never to late to start. Well maybe I’ll hear that someday later but not today. I’ve made diet adjustments but I haven’t been able to sustain any consistent physical activity besides what I get in chores.
So time to get busy with that effort this fall. Think I’ll start tomorrow by going for a long walk and jog. Because I’d like to continue to age. Aging is a good thing. I just hope that I can avoid the pitfalls of looking at it wrong as I do age.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Love makes the day manageable.
- I was sad to see the U of MD Diamondback newspaper will cease print in the spring.
- Some people don’t have a clue and are too ignorant to realize they don’t. And they seem to thrive and exalt in their ignorance. My patience for this type is wearing thin.
- The brutal part of my week is almost behind me.
- Don’t let others decide what is best for you.