What a blessing this summer has been. I’m learning to cherish each one even more but having our first grandchild really made this a special one indeed. I hope I’m blessed with many more seasons and years and more grandchildren.
It’s all happened so fast. From standing in the outfield or hoop court as a teenager to my young senior years as a grandfather. A blink of an eye. I still feel like that same young boy (well a few pounds heavier) in my mind. And I’m kind of thankful to be getting that frame of mind back.
I almost felt the same way about peoples younger siblings and babies back then. Excitement. It’s not that I wasn’t super excited when I had my own family. Still, the greatest days of my life when they were born. But those prime time career days and raising children kind of took the time away to appreciate it all along the way because you were so busy going from one thing to the next or many at the same time.
So now as in my teen years I have the blessing of time to savor. And I’m savoring it.
No more AC needed after today. And yes I checked the monthly calendar on the Weather Channel and I don’t see a day over 73 degrees this month. I guess I can cover this up till next season. I’m going to miss that sun baking my arms in the convertible.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- A complete day is when you get to speak to every family member even though you live apart.
- Remember today when there is a foot of snow on the ground and then choose which one you want.
- I see the definition of Perfect is changing also. Someone should come up with the Alternate Dictionary.
- When we leave democracy to the few we are in danger. When we all partisipate we are much safer.
- Really, one of these days I’ll do something worthwhile here.