A bright and early start this morning. Well, it’s not too bright, the sun hasn’t risen yet. But getting ready for a jam-packed day. It’s funny how the term jam-packed changes as one age. I hear my father and mother in law saying they have a packed schedule when there is one appointment on their plate that day.
Even now in my early 60’s, I find a day with 5-10 things to do a full day. And I think back when I was in my 30’s and 40’s raising a family and working like a dog and active social life and I wonder how I crammed that all in?
And then there were the teens and 20’s where life was like a pinball machine where we just went from one thing to the next effortlessly. Well, I’m trying to regain that energy and enjoyment again.
When your enjoying life it’s fun cramming more stuff into the day. But it’s important to pick the right things and keep a balance. I do a lot of time-sharing. For instance, I rarely am able to just go out and spend time taking pictures. A majority is just out and about each day running errands or back and forth from work. Sometimes its events I attend. But rarely do I just get out to shoot.
So life is about utilizing opportunities. I feel like I have hundreds before me. At times in my life when I have been depressed, it seemed like there was none. Only chores and tasks to existing another day. I’m glad I was able to snap out of that. See cancer was good for something at least.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- First good night’s sleep I’ve gotten this week and it was great. I must have been a bit deprived because I spent 10 hours on the rack this morning. Missed all the games last night.
- I’m not a fan of these 40-degree mornings.
- A day with the granddaughter ahead has a smile on my face.
- When financial interest takes over for basic rights of free speech we are in trouble.
- I feel inclined to do two posts today being I was neglect yesterday.