I’m liking having a candlelit in the office at night. Well, my home office at least. I think it probably would be frowned up at the job that pays the bills. I like the flickering flame. I like the sent (most of the time) it fills the room with. I like them with no cent other than the burning wax.
I always hesitate to start a new candle. And even after burning it for the first time I hesitate to light it again. The homes I’ve lived in have mostly had candles for display. But this guy likes to have them burning.
This day turned out far different than I had planned. Such is life as we age. Schedules get changed. That is why its good to appreciate each visit. Savor it. Ask how someone is doing. Listen to a friend.
I’m sorry I have nothing today. I’ve had such a run of luck with my back that I guess I got careless at some time in the last few days. It’s taking any concentration and threw it out the window. I can’t get comfortable, sitting standing or lying. Such is life. Maybe it’s a temporary setback. I was on one of the best rolls in the last few months.
It’s funny. The spasms and aches today wouldn’t have touched the radar much 6 months ago. Tonight I was questioning doing something about it. Funny how time and changes for the better can change your perspective.
I haven’t even humped the live Christmas tree in the house yet. Something else I didn’t get to this fine rainy Saturday. I wonder how much trees are costing this year. Used to be I didn’t blink an eye at what a Christmas tree would cost. I’d usually get the biggest thing I could fit through the slider door. But now with it just being us and starting to travel some years for Christmas, I’m not sure I’ll go all out like I used to. And who knows, maybe I’ll just get down to one tree eventually.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Energy levels are low, just when I need extra. Bridge to engine room, come in Scotty.
- Life is short. Wear good pairs of socks.
- I’ve got about 4K images on my photo site. A few thousand more and I’ll start sharing sections of it. Still on track for the 1st of the year.
- Once I have them there I’ll have to do a good edit and get rid of some. And then learn the tools of the site available and put them to use.
- If you can show someone a photograph and it gets them excited about the image or photography, you have shared a gift.
- I’ve got to call my sister. I haven’t touched base in a while.