Today was wonderful. I was blessed with the joy of family. I also had a few moments choked up about the family I miss. And I miss them very much around holiday time. Everyone misses someone around this time of year. I even miss my pets that have passed many years ago around this time because I might find ornaments about them or see an old holiday photo or remember them loving the Xmas tree.
It’s very important to move on and make new memories of each opportunity. It’s also very important to remember those who can no longer celebrate with us. But don’t let the later overshadow the first.
So in that vein, I’m in pretty good spirits now. And I’m ready to enjoy a few days off. Tomorrow I’m going to do some more family photography and I’ll be out and about so that might afford some other opportunities.
I think I’ll get up before sunrise and go out and grab a few images for an hour before coming back home to have some breakfast with my better half. Maybe I should pick some breakfast up while I’m out?
Oh, and apologies for that first shot today. I didn’t have my tripod and it was COLD out and you know how I hate cold so I was probably shaking trying to hold that 3 lb, Nikon, still. So tomorrow no laziness, I will have some stable light shots. But I couldn’t pass the chance to record this display I saw on the way home this evening.
I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful day.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Each day is a beauty to celebrate but today has that extra special feel.
- Today I got hugs not only for the gifts I gave but what I do throughout the year. So it was an extra special day for me.
- I feel like I’m accomplishing a little more each day. At least its the right direction.
- My daughter and son-in-law had one of the most beautiful celebrations today. It was a huge effort on their part and I’m very thankful.
- Sometimes I sit down and feel like I have nothing to write about. Then I get inspired and write about nothing.
- It’s ok to enjoy old movies that aren’t always politically correct today.