I was losing my balance between work, chores and life and what is really important in life. Spending good time with family is wonderful and inspiring. And making time for those friends who are really like family now and throughout the year is critical to my happiness.
I’m going to get back to eating right after a few days of feasting. Well maybe after Sunday because we have a ton of leftovers and sweets around, but between now and then I’m back on the treadmill and if it’s as nice outside as I think it might be this weekend, there might be some outdoor activities planned.
I’m hoping the best for a best friend who is going under the knife again. At least his second time this year. I’m wishing for him a much better new year. Each day of health is like a special blessing, not to be taken for granted, but grateful and appreciative of it.
I’ve noticed over time that the more I think about what others need or I can do for them that life is that much more special. I wish I had discovered this earlier in life. I always knew it but didn’t act on it as much as I do now.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m going to throw out all the pens that I have that no longer work before the beginning of the year.
- It was a beautiful dinner and drive with my mother and father in law today. I’m blessed with another family that feels like my own.
- I don’t need to join a gym to get in good shape. And I’m proud of that.
- I feel sad when I see someone sitting in their car outside a 7-11 alone rubbing scratch-off ticket after ticket and not looking happy. Bet you won’t catch state lotteries running that in a commercial for the FUN.
- My apologies for not having something insightful to say. Obviously I was short on time and just rambled on today. Tomorrow will bring a better effort.