Was just sitting here looking at some pictures of friend and family on my office walls and thinking that I need to add, update and reorganize them. I really don’t have much room to add. They are at least 60-70% covered now. But it’s my office and I’ll cover it in the things I love.
In some ways, things are fairly normal for me. I normally work from home on Tuesday nights so this is good. And being I was working from home that 90-minute drive on the way in was used to cook some dinner.
So I made a few stuffed burgers. Grilled up some onions and used some Havarti cheese. A few spices on the outside, the hot coals and we were off. They were quite tasty. I hadn’t had a burger off my grill since last year so it was special being the first of the season. By the way, those are half-pounders before the stuffing.
Doing something like that was fun. It seemed normal. And then you walk by the TV and know that we are far from normal. But as I learned a while back, just live each day the best you can and enjoy life.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- One good thing I’m seeing more of on local TV news is the good things people are doing for each other.
- I would love to take a ride this week on some back roads. That is a social distance thing right? I mean I’m alone in the car.
- Felt good to catch a major issue and fix it at the job today. This old man hasn’t lost his touch yet.
- That first week working totally from home proved deadly for my weight. Good thing I got that eating under control and in the second week I’m back down a bit.
- I was trying to photograph this hawk through the woods today but nothing came out well. I’m reminded of a line from Jaws where Brody says “your going to need a bigger boat.” In my case, I need a bigger lens.
Random Links of the Day
Solomon R Guggenheim Museum. I know I’m going to spend some time on this tour. I’ve been itching to go to a museum this year.
Otter Cam from the Calvert Marine Museum in Maryland.