It may seem safe in the middle but its an illusion. Actually the middle is the toughest place to be. Your surrounded but the extremes on both sides. You might have a majority but that majority is even split to one side or the other and these days it seems like there is no middle ground or group left.
I’m going to trust that things will get better. I’m going to be more positive each day while keeping my feet planted in reality. As I told a friend of mine, this is a long haul event.
For those lucky enough to have a significant other by your side, it’s filled with opportunities. It’s actually a time that I’m using to feel even closer to her. Yeah, we have our moments. It’s stressful even for people who have been together for almost 40 years. But each day I feel a little closer to her. Yes even after all these years. And I hope it continues many more years. And to that end, we are being cautious, because we want those years.
So hang in there. Do what you can for those alone or locked down in senior facilities.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m at that midway point between letting my hair grow really long and trying to cut it myself. And even if I butcher it, I got more incentive to stay at home.
- I wonder if I’ll ever ride a motorcycle again. Probably not unless a friend of mine buys one and lets me take it for a spin.
- The smell of sausage cooking in the morning still doesn’t compare to the smell of bacon cooking in the morning.
- I have a little thing I used to do where if I passed an animal that had been hit on the highway I would say a little prayer. Now that I’m not out and about I say them for the people that need them.
- Thoughts of testing athletes for the virus so they can play games while critical workers can’t get tested is absurd and selfish.