Well, terrific is relative. We are all here to enjoy another day of life and share our spirits with each other. And my spirits are higher today because half the workweek is behind me and there is a fresh supply of food here. And as always each day I acknowledge the fact that those I know are healthy. As I’ve said to friends and family. We might be looking back at March and April as the good old days, so be thankful now because Lord Doom thinks things could get worse.
There is one less person here on this Tuesday though who I think might symbolize a coming plague on us all. An ER Doctor committed suicide probably at least partially due to her work in an NYC hospital. I pause again to salute and thank all these people dealing with the incredible stresses of dealing with so much suffering and death on a daily basis. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
The other day I had a fortune cookie that said: “Good Health will be yours for a long time.” This reminds me of a line in Caddyshack by Bill Murray: “And I say, “Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know.” And he says, “Oh, uh, there won’t be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.” So I got that goin’ for me, which is nice.”
I love sports and I would love to see them again this year. But not at the risk of even one life or taking away a needed test for someone on the front lines of the fight to save or protect others. I have no problem with sports leagues making plans if things get better, but they also need to be realistic when the time comes if it’s not right and cancel the season. Don’t let money guide your life.
Our nation’s rich need a wake-up call. Their reality is so far removed from the average person that they perpetuate a growing problem of greed and the have nots are just about at the limit. Just continue on the road we are on now for another 6-12 months and you will see the results.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- How can the Mayo Clinic be grateful to the VP when he can’t follow their own rules. Kind of sends a mixed message doesn’t it? Personally, I would have said wear the mask or stay the F out.
- I won’t have to worry about getting a sunburn on my nose this summer.
- Note to Gov Hogan. Your team took a functioning unemployment website and broke it. Overall great job so far but that wasn’t what you need at this time.
- That’s funny, I haven’t heard any experts say this Virus stuff is behind us like the Big Cheeto said today. It makes you wonder what experts he is listening to?
- Oh yeah, another note to the Federal Government. Your “Get my Payment” site sucks.