I started this post yesterday but life got in the way of finishing it so I’ll post this and another one later if I get some fresh images to share. One of my best friends sometimes sends a lyric of a song by text, sometimes a very short segment. Sometimes I go “what” but then I relax and think, I remember the next line and I’ll text it back to him.
It reminded me yesterday afternoon to turn up some tunes here at the homestead in Woodstock Maryland. Kind of fitting I moved here many decades ago.
I was looking at song titles in some of the online lists I have and saw the title “Almost Cut My Hair” by CSNY and I thanked them for reminding me not to cut my hair today. I figure it looks a little bad now. But it could be worse so I’ll stick to just trimming the beard, mustache, and eyebrows. Right now I’m working on the 1960’s Beatles look. I figure by this winter I’ll have the 1970’s Let it Be look.
Then it was off to “Times Like These” by that mix of people and done by the BBC. It might be my favorite rendition of that Foo Fighters song. Now I got to find out who these artists are because they all had wonderful voices.
In the Air Tonight was the next tune on the hit parade. Sort of like a modern-day Stairway to Heaven in its slow start and then powerful ending. Even the drums remind me of Bonzo Bonham’s drum sound. And thinking of those two songs I just had to go pull out the 1977 live version of Free Bird.
Well, I could go on all night about the rest of the songs I’ve listened to and will listen to this evening because it’s getting my spirits back up and I’ll get the nice photo printer fired up and finish a few projects while I’m rocking out.
What I’m going to miss.
- I’m going to miss the people in the videos of airline and airport meltdowns and freakouts.
- I’m going to miss waiting in line for a good seat at a good restaurant.
- I’m going to miss going to the doctor and teasing the nurses.
- I’m going to miss getting a haircut.
- I’m going to miss a certain amount of privacy I used to have but I’m willing to sacrifice it for the greater good.
- I’m going to miss waiting in a TSA line to go somewhere on a plane.
- I’m going to miss rude people in movie theaters.
- I’m going to miss lots of traffic that makes highways slow-moving parking lots. For it saves us from the truly really crazy assholes who can’t drive at high speeds.
- I’m going to miss attending live sporting events.
- I’m going to miss shaking hands.
- I’m going to miss lots of things the past normal/pre virus life.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Someone named Barr is trying to lower it.
- It’s strange that I look forward to cutting the yard each week now.
- I hope I can see that flyover today by the National Guard.
- I feel inspired to accomplish a lot today.