I was out this morning early de-beaching my better half’s SUV. I wondered to myself if everyone vacuumed their car when they got back and if we saved all that sand and returned it to the beach if we could widen it more than it is?
I enjoy detailing a car. Getting it to look like new again. Or as close as possible depending on the age. And as I learned this weekend even with a lot of age they can look pretty good. Not by my hand but some collectors, I saw out in front of Wrights Market off Rt 50 outside Salsbury.
It’s so tempting to invest in an old piece of history and tool around in it till I can no longer drive well. Ah if I only have the years to live that dream. What I found interesting in people who own these masterpieces is they don’t drive them much. Yeah, they are nice to look at but you might as well enjoy it and let the wheels turn at the same time.
Photos by Mike Hartley
I’m feeling successful today. Spoke to many close people that I hadn’t talked to in a while. I’m busy at work again professionally and personally. I prioritized well today. And had a little fun. I even exercised a bit. Yeah I know, you don’t believe me.
At least I’m back in the habit of picking up the cameras each day again. Now is the challenge to keep it going while working again. The deer shot is from today.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- First weekend into the MLB season and teams canceling games because of the virus. Who would have thunk it?
- And in the continued path of sports, I find it funny and sad to think there will be any football this fall.
- And colleges opening and closing will be the norm.
- Oh yeah, the reason for this was in a wonderful quote by a comedian many years back. “You can’t fix stupid,” says Ron White. This might turn out to be one of the most underrated statements of all time.
- On the good side today, I was able to do a lot of weeding by hand and not have back issues.