As we were walking the streets of Annapolis Thursday I noticed an ice cream delivery being made to the Red Bean Ice Cream and Coffee shop. There is no better week to have some ice cream than this one. I even mixed some ice cream into my cherry snowball on the way home.
I got to spend a wonderful day with my daughter this week. Walking, talking, eating, and just going over all the things that get lost or don’t have a chance to discuss with a short visit and others around. That one on one time with your children is important. No matter what age they are, they and you can always benefit from that experience.
I’m amazed at the speed my children are learning important life lessons much faster than I ever did. For instance their work and life balance. I never got that right for many decades into my adult years. But the words I heard yesterday and actions I’ve seen have set my heart at ease. So much maturity at such early ages will benefit them for many decades to come.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I love watching approaching thunderstorms. I hate picking up the damage after they pass.
- So many options in life. Well that is if you are lucky, so if you have a choice appreciate it.
- It’s interesting how still it can get after a severe storm.
- No this isn’t the start of the football season. I think Alan Iverson said it best. “We talk’en about Practice.”
- This wasn’t the best of days. But I’ve made it through it.