Stress is eating me up at times. And I have to find a better way of dealing with it. First of all, separating the stress items is important. In other words what matters and what doesn’t. And then secondly taking that moment to think about it and does it matter or not. And then question it again, is that something that seems important or is it a result of just a bunch of small stresses building up making this last item seem more important than it is.
I’ve gotten much better at it at the job that pays the bills and now it’s time to sort out the rest of the stuff. What is worth getting the hair raised on my neck for or worth worrying about.
To be honest I’ve sweated a lot of the small stuff for far too long. I’ve probably done some damage by making those poor decisions internally to myself. So here is to thinking better, stressing less, and enjoying life more.
March Madness – What the hell can I say. This needs no hype. To me, this is the best sporting event hands down. One because it’s kids. Small schools can knock off the huge institutions of blue bloods and rock the world and it happens. The drama, win it, or you’re done. Then there are the stories and backgrounds of the players and coaches which in many cases are incredible. The diversity and small schools getting top-flight players are now making even more a parity event where almost every team has a chance.
All I know is I’m going to enjoy the last 3 games of this year greatly. And my hope is for my home team of Maryland to rise back to the ranks of a team that dances this time of year.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I haven’t had a chance to tell my children today that I love them. So if you’re reading this. Dad loves you.
- I told my wife I love her and I see no reason not to tell her again. I love you.
- One of my best friends is on a family fishing trip today. If any family deserves to have a healing day of joy on the water, this is certainly one of them.
- I’m making a commitment to getting my office in working shape this week.
- It’s much more fun doing a daily post earlier in the day instead of stressing to complete one late night.