There is always one day of the week when I flip schedules. In other words up at the break of the day and then working all night long and hitting the sack around dawn. Ironically it feels like one of the most productive days of the week. It’s the end of my weekend and the beginning of the workweek.
So I’m trying to fit the last bit of fun and chores into the day, and being it’s usually on a Sunday I get the usual wonderful Sunday dinner my better half always prepares. A real treat and the energy I need to get through the overnight.
As my better half will tell you there are always a few minutes, maybe a half-hour where I dread starting another week and would like nothing more than to curl up with her and then get a normal night’s sleep. But as soon as I sit at the computer the sequence of daily events just kicks in and before I know it the night is over and I’m crawling off to bed. It’s one of the few nights I don’t stay up to see the sunrise when it’s later in the season.
Well, being I was sick Sunday and used a personal day for Monday this is my flip day. And being I only have two nights ahead and that couple of minutes of apprehension wasn’t there.
Or maybe I’m just looking at things differently and it doesn’t matter anymore.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- My best friend is my best half, not just my better half.
- A simple picture of my daughter-in-law expecting a new child brought a smile to my face today.
- If Russia isn’t a good example of what information control can do in a negative way, then you aren’t paying attention.
- Seems like it takes a few more minutes longer now to get my coordination of fingers and brain on the same page.
- It’s a good day when a great friend thanks you.