Together we made a family. We (my better half and I) got some great support along the way but also dealt with difficulties that are part of life. But the family is my crowning achievement in life. I had no idea I set out for that goal but it kind of overtakes you when those eyes enter the world. Life is about someone other than you from that moment on. But at the same time, it’s the thing that completes you and your team.
Yesterday I heard the sportscaster in the background saying that the Oriole Park at Camden Yards is 30 years old which reminded me of my kids being very young at the time. I remember I got to go to the last preseason game the day before it opened for the regular season. I said to myself that the place still looks new and seems like it was just yesterday it opened. Just a little younger than both my children and yes that seems like yesterday.
What a journey having a family is. So many examples I’ve seen of success and failure, triumph and tragedy. And what starts as success always doesn’t end that way. Just as the inverse is true, some families that seem divided and have no chance of renewing come back together.
I’m just thankful thinking of mine today and how lucky I am.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- For some reason, I have the desire to stand in the warm rain of a summer day. But a shower will do till then.
- The people just trying to get over on others usually are easy to spot and easier to just discard.
- It’s good to make the big print before worrying about what type of frame.
- Given the beard is getting mostly white/grey, I’ve decided to let it get a little longer so it looks like it’s still there. But then again it’s summer and I’m getting a massive tan this year so that white might look good against the tanned face?
- It looks like my yard got a wake-up call. I wish it had a snooze button.