The first time my mower has left the property in 23 years. Needs a part for the transmission. Given the low cost of maintenance and the longevity of years and difficult terrain, it might be one of the better purchases I’ve made. It was the lowest cost John Deere tractor they made that year.
The same year my neighbor purchased a big Sears Craftsman tractor. Lots more horsepower, lots more cutting width. I believe he is on his 4th or 5th mower since my original purchase. All I can say is I have an appreciation for well-built things and am glad I spent a little extra upfront to get that quality because it lasted.
I’m told my baby will be back in about a week if no shipping delays. No problem, I have no intention of cutting the grass this weekend anyway. I plan on soaking up some rays like this guy, just not at the beach.
This is the best spirit I’ve been in for a few days. Feels good to be thinking positively again. That is why I choose this photo today. Sometimes it’s looking at things from the right angle or perspective or time of day or night. And then things seem right with the world.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- It takes a lot of work to be a good friend. But it doesn’t seem like work.
- Sometimes the best part about an NBA game is the pregame and postgame shows. And occasionally the game.
- The NBA has its 24-second clock. Life has its 24-hour clock.
- I gave myself permission to be less than totally productive today.
- I love when Shaq says “Can you dig it.”
- The more time you’ve been given the more you recognize time.