I went into the day with the only expectation being that I would like to make my granddaughter happy for as long as I can. I think she had a great day. I like that I can make her laugh and that I can understand her pretty well. You really have to listen closely to a young child who is still learning to form words. Sometimes I do a bit of interpretation and it helps get it right. I seem to have patience with her which I lack in other areas of my life.
I think keeping it simple throughout the weekend is a good idea. I feel relaxed for the first time in a few days. Maybe it was that good happy hour with the boys yesterday and the little one today. Maybe it’s remembering just to enjoy the minutes in front of you.
And even though there are only a few minutes left on this day I’m going to enjoy each of them.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- More kids at the local bus stop than I’ve seen in many years. The neighborhood is transitioning again. My granddaughter loves watching school buses.
- The first few weeks of yard work have pointed out I could use some more exercise.
- Sunshine is my personal energy source.
- I have a suggestion for Florida, skip the debate on each one and just remove all the books.
- I didn’t think it was possible to oversaturate sports in the world but it’s been done.
- I know the NFL likes gambling but with their own future on the line, that seems like a risky bet.