We are watching some 4 legged friends this fine Thursday. They are a blast and I can read them very well. Either that or they figured out I’m the easiest one to manipulate and are playing me like a fiddle. I don’t care, I love animals.
Like children they simplify life. Are we cared for, (shelter and food) are we happy (play and love) are we safe (help us learn who is bad and who is good). Their unconditional love and devotion are so reassuring in a world of little trust.
The trials of the day seem to fade away as you rub your hands through their coats. As they move to lick your face at the excitement of seeing you after you left to take something to the car. And then when they snuggle up next to you or lay on you, all is right with the world.
Pets take time, but they are worth every minute. I know when I get up that I’ll have two happy tails wagging and the excitement of the new day will be infectious.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I love days when I have more than one good idea.
- If you’re going to have a cold Coke from a nice glass bottle, clear your schedule for 15-20 minutes to enjoy it properly.
- Yankees sweep the O’s. Balance to the universe has been restored.
- Orange creamsicles must have some kind of addictive chemical in them.
- Sticking with a food theme have you noticed in addition to the increase in price they have cut back on the quantity of food you get. It’s actually affected where I will eat now. I don’t mind paying more but if you’re going to charge me more and give me half of what you gave me before, keep it.