Usually, a date on a calendar marking seasonal changes doesn’t mean much. For instance, the first day of winter here is usually behind. It’s plenty cold and sometimes snows well before that. And the opposite is also true with the first day of summer being mid-June To me, the beginning of May marks the start of my summer. And being today is May 1st why not kick off the celebration.
Where shorts and swimsuits again become the daily mode of dress. Well, maybe fewer swim trunks because the pool is gone. My summer attitude is probably the best of the year. Being outside is a pleasure and amazing. Take some vacation and toes in the sand, or just lay out on the deck watching nature pass by and enjoy another day after work.
All I know is there is enough other stuff going on that I’m just highly thankful my favorite season is upon us to balance things out. I certainly need to get some more positive vibes going again for some inspiration.
Our dog-sitting duties have ended and the house is quiet again. No, they don’t bark much at all. Just their presence and love are missed.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I hope what we are seeing in Ukraine is not a preview for the rest of the world.
- Sometimes saying it was a nice sunrise this morning needs to be said again.
- I heard on the news today that it’s the start of Rockfish season on the Chesapeake Bay. Looks like I’m hooked again.
- There are a couple of pictures of my better half on the wall that make me feel so lucky and young and alive.
- I’m looking forward to my next weekend. I think it’s the last one of the month.