I was thinking about the enjoyment I used to get when I would take my Mom fresh flowers. I can still see her smelling them and the smile she would get on her face when she saw them was a gift to my heart from her. Then she would proceed to tell me what each one was. And where some of them were in her gardens.
I used to enjoy picking out something different for her or seasonal or holiday themes. In her later years, I tried to keep fresh ones there often because it was one of the few things she could remember me doing and would look forward to.
Flowers brighten up people’s day. I should get some for my better half soon. And maybe send some to a friend who’s struggling with family care. Think about who you could help with a flower.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- When did being a comedian become a dangerous profession? Oh yeah, when people stopped being able to take a joke.
- Most days when I gain knowledge it’s a fun day. But there are those days where some knowledge isn’t the knowledge I’d prefer to be seeking and is far less gratifying.
- I wish I was feeling a little more energy, but those 11-12 hour workdays make it tough early in the week.
- Sometimes simple is best. I’m a lot happier when I keep things simple.
- Being a grandparent is a reminder of a lot of important lessons you learned a long time ago and learning to keep quiet and let the parent be the parent. I’m working on being better on the second one.
- I think I’m on a mission to redefine tired.