I was looking for good today. I see good in the picture my better half sent me of my granddaughter on a slide at Clarks Farm. I saw good in her smile when they came home. I saw curiosity, wonder, excitement, and laughter. And then I thought she is going to be going off to school and being taught how to shelter in place and other things kids shouldn’t have to be taught in school.
Troubled people with access to terrible weapons of war. And that is where we are. And not just a few, lots of them. From the cities over money and territory to the country towns schools, theaters, stores, and churches, too many bullets and deaths. Each of us becoming more numb to it except those that have suffered the loss. Then I imagine each one is a dagger reminder of their day.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- If there is one consistency in life is that the last workday of the week always feels better than the first.
- Then again, some have no beginning and end to the workweek. And that is troubling.
- Took me far too long to realize there is a lot more to life than work.
- Anniversary of a difficult time in my life. So I’m spending more time on thoughts and memories than usual.
- Wish I could shake the body aches. More stretching tomorrow is the plan now.
- Is it ironic and sad that gun and ammo manufacturers’ profits rise after almost all mass shootings?