I spent a good portion of my day adjusting water pressure for a 3-year-old granddaughter. There isn’t a much better use of time than I could think of. Well, I did knock out a few other chores and some in the heat of the day. My shoulders are feeling a little warm as I sit here.
I was able to get more shots of joy on her face and will be busy editing those into the night. I’ve also got a deadline of tomorrow morning for another project so it could be a busy evening. And I like it that way. The busier I am sometimes the more I feel I’m challenging myself and the more progress I see.
It might just be one of those summer nights where when I’m thinking about going to bed that I might step outside just before I do and feel that warm summer air and go back in grab my keys and shoes, throw the top down, start the tunes and take a late-night cruise.
Having worked various night shifts over the years I’ve had my share of the roads between midnight and sunrise. The highways in this area are amazing without the normal traffic that makes them parking lots and or death races.
There are maybe 1-2 magic hours. That 2:30 am to 4:30 am is kind of special. Sometimes going many miles before seeing another car. Wide-open highways, all the lanes yours. Well, it used to be that way, I know there is a fair amount of volume 24/7 on some of our major roads. I love the ride up Route 29 in MD at night.
Of course, you do get the occasional guy who passed out in his car for an hour after bar closing time and is now just making his/her way home. I’ve seen more people going the wrong way on a highway at night than any other time. Talk about an unsettling event. I’m very sad to say I’ve seen this more than a few times at night. Sometimes the wrong way on a one-way street in the city is a fairly easy thing to do in some towns. But the ones on the 3-4 lane highways coming at you in the opposite direction at high speed. That you won’t forget.
I never was in a hurry late at night. Mainly because there is a lot of wildlife out during those hours. And nights are too dangerous for any high-speed runs. Not that I have a vehicle that does that sort of thing anymore. I’m just the old guy in the floppy hat with the top-down cruising in his Sportster.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- People make the company.
- I’m sorry, I’m older and I just can’t imagine owning an electric car. I have nothing against them except they aren’t for me. I bet they don’t even make them with manual transmissions.
- I wonder if every generation thinks their songs stand the test of time.
- Sometimes the simplest sentiment has the deepest meaning.
- I wonder how many people would know what a tire gauge is let alone how to use it.
- Yep, I’m going for that late-night ride, I didn’t even have to step outside to decide. Maybe a little ZZ Top “Gimme All Your Lovin”. that’s a good cruising tune to start with.