July 4th just isn’t the same in our family anymore without our parent’s generation present. But we will gather and remember them this weekend. And by we, I mean a few of us. The days of complete family gatherings have come and gone. Some members sadly removed themselves from the whole.
I found some special old images that I’ll be giving to one family member of their grandparents. Sometimes it still seems strange I’m at that point (being a grandparent) but it’s one of life’s great experiences in my opinion.
Life is about going through these stages and that is if you are a lucky person just to get the chance to see and appreciate it all.
Creating is fun. What could have been if I started earlier? Don’t worry I’m not spending more than a few seconds a day with the thought of being disgusted by my wasting time. It’s fuel to remind me to make the best of today.
My goal is to finish a new collage by midnight. Maybe spend an hour two woodworking. Pick up the cameras again and also upload some images to Zenfolio.
By the way, I found out where all those people on the road are now.
I brought a little of the Eastern Shore of Maryland back with me this week in the fashion of Sweet Corn which I will be putting on the grill tomorrow for lunch. I’ve cooked them naked before but it’s a bit drier than I like when I wrap them in foil and cook them that way. I haven’t tried the direct cooking in the husk in some time but I think I’ll try a few ears that way tomorrow also.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Being within a year or two of retirement my mind really starts to wonder when I’m on vacation with the thought of so much time and all the things I can do with that time on a permanent basis.
- My better half doesn’t know it yet but the basement is becoming an Art Gallery.
- Tomorrow is weigh-in day. I was doing good mid-week but I’m still learning discipline. I’m only getting on the scale once a week so as to not obsess.
- Leaf blower or broom? I’m going with the power tool here.
- The future will redefine the word divided. Unless we all decide to change it.