I’ve been very tense as of late. But at this time, on this day, I feel calm. Probably because I just finished a visit with one of my best friends. Laughter, remembrances, talk of future dreams and current problems. Experiences with grandchildren, and thoughts of a common friend who passed remind us of other passings.
Making the most of each day. Building more shared memories and experiences. Spreading more happiness and laughter. That was both of our goals tonight and I feel going into tomorrow.
I’m as relaxed as a gentle breeze sliding between fall leaves. I’m as happy as a new grandfather can be. I’m as hopeful for their future and their parents and want to find ways to facilitate that future. Yeah, reality will probably slap me in the face tomorrow, but it’s nice to have a goal to get back to.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- A day without drama is a day that can be enjoyed.
- I may not have started the dishwasher but I filled it up.
- I wish I could still imagine like my 3-year-old granddaughter. That freedom of thought without boundaries is priceless.
- Support your local shops/merchants.
- Do you think people out west are brushing off their rain dance shoes?