I’m shooting for Bliss today. And I’ve got a plan to make it happen. So what is bliss? Is it the “perfect happiness” as the definition in Oxford says? Is it at peace with yourself and the world? Maybe being in love? Getting your own home? Going on vacation? Making something special with your hands?
So many descriptions leap to mind. And infant in your arms. A toddler with super powers chasing you. That perfect cherry ice cream soda. Your garden is in bloom. Hitting the winning shot. Being on a cruise. I could go on and on.
Can it be one thing or does it have to be a culmination of things? Of course, bliss is different and somehow the same for everyone. Some may look at an old farmer and the hard work from sunrise to sundown and think of all the energy and time expended and wonder how can someone toil like that. Meanwhile, the farmer is in a state of bliss because he is doing what he loves and maybe his passion in life.
There will be a lot of people in life who like to ruin the bliss you may be shooting for or experiencing. Brush it off, regroup and find it despite them. Just keep moving towards that happiness.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- It’s more difficult than you think to overthink things.
- That shutter button is going to get a workout the rest of the week.
- It’s better to laugh in disgust than to grit your teeth in disgust.
- I find the ease with which gambling and sports are intertwined now very disturbing.
- Photo editing is just like taking a photo. You’re trying to get the best one.