What a deceiving phrase catching up is. In my old mind, I was always catching up. Because my ideas, goals, wishes, and dreams are always far ahead of my reality. So instead of chasing that elusive idea of perfection or success or recognition, I just go for happiness at the end of the day.
I know I fall short of my lofty ideas all the time. I used to beat myself up with a lot of guilt for not doing more. When really I was spending a lot of time not getting started. Or not finishing up. Or not following through. Like this blog for instance. My original goal was to post daily. Only this year have I been successful.
The only time I think about catching up now is when I stop to snap a quick picture and my better half is still walking I’ll run to catch up with her. Like I did yesterday a few times. Or maybe catching up with an old friend from the neighborhood.
As far as I’m concerned I’m all caught up if I’m active. The more I do, the more active I’m inspired to be.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- It’s a family afternoon. Life is good.
- I didn’t flip my calendar to October this month. I refuse to acknowledge the year is passing so fast.
- I’m spending less time thinking about whether I retire at the end of next year or the year after because so many other factors will probably determine it along the way.
- Speaking of work, a new VP on the way should make it an interesting new year.
- I need to make that photo printer next to me sing like a newspaper press this evening. I have the paper- I have the ink.