Nothing like having your children home for the holidays. I wish that was possible for everyone. There are a lot of families still separated by service. Brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, sons and daughters. Hats off to all those Police, Fire, Medical, and Service Members here and abroad that keep us safe and healthy today and on every holiday.
I complain about working holidays but these people have a much more important job than I do. And most of them don’t complain. Nor do they complain when they are so short-staffed that people treat them like crap or disrespect them. They aren’t well paid compared to a lot of professions that aren’t as important and life-saving. They do it because they have a strong will and belief system internally that a lot of people will never know.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I wish everyone could feel as relaxed and loved and at peace as I do now.
- For those about to do some more gambling just because it’s easier now in Maryland, think about taking that same money and helping someone have a meal on a holiday as you have.
- To those special souls that can’t celebrate any longer. You were remembered and missed today.
- Well, I was doing good till dessert was served.
- My sister’s first Thanksgiving without her children. She was a very brave person today.