I’ve talked a bit this past year or so about retirement wishes. With so many things in flux, I haven’t really picked a date to give up the full-time grind. I have some rough idea of when I want to, sometime next year but I’m starting to feel if I don’t pick a date I might be tempted to just keep pushing it back.
I don’t think the job that pays the bills would mind me sticking around longer. There has to be an extremely small pool of people that would want these hours and have the skill set. I’ve thought about exploring the idea of part-time with them in future years. Could serve us both well.
Notice I choose the title starting line. I did that because I figure my retirement would be a new start. One to a life of my choosing along with my better half of course but not marching all week to someone else’s priorities. Getting some proper rest, eating better, and having time for proper exercise. I’ve started all those things at various points but find it impossible to keep going with this schedule.
So it’s time to get things in order, look at the future and plans, see how well they are merging at this point, and set that target date with my better half.
But first, another week of work.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m returning to the world of being a student again. It’s never too late to learn.
- Confidence is gained by doing.
- Trying the unknown this week. I hope to go to my first meeting with fellow Miata owners this week.
- I like working with wood. And where I live I got a nice supply to practice on.
- Nice ESPN 30 for 30 special on the Ravens.