Despite the forecast for a very cloudy day, I’m looking at it the other way. There is no rain predicted, so I can live fine with some clouds. That will make mowing much easier later today. And while not optimum for shooting those sunflower fields I planned on I still might venture out and see what I can capture today and tomorrow.
Had a wonderful dinner last night at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill In Frederick Maryland with some very old friends. It was a wonderful time and proof that people with different political beliefs can still have a really good time together and still have a lot of common and shared interests. I had the Blue Cheese Filet with parmesan mashed potatoes which were excellent. The Ahi Tuna and slaw app was very good also. My better half had a special lobster tail and Filet.
The mind has set forth a good number of goals today and I hope the body is willing to cooperate. If not we might have a power struggle taking place. The body will take so much pounding from the mind before it says to the mind, no more. Well usually in not so polite terms. I wish those two could get their acts together because it’s plenty painful lately.
One of my best friends has some bad back issues and swears by a chiropractor. I’m going to check my insurance and give it a shot because PT hasn’t touched it much before. And being pain has stepped up it’s game, I need to do the same.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I think about my kids and grandkids every morning. I wonder what they are doing. I think about their smiles as they wake up each day. I think about when they are really young and hungry in the morning and how they let you know if you’re not getting breakfast in front of them fast enough. I think of the warm and strong hugs they give their parents and the smiles that cross my children’s faces when that happens.
- If you’re going to eat red meat, make it a really good steak.
- My baby, ops sorry, my car needs a bath badly and today is a good day for it.
- I need to grill out more this month.
- Time to downsize my office space footprint in the house. I hope my daughter can use the spare desk we have. If not I’m sure her daughter will need it in another year or two.
- If I’m lucky I’ll crank out another blast or two today here.