You know each day I’m finding more of a spring in my step. I’m learning that no matter what is ahead its how you look at each day that allows you to feel happy, feel fulfilled, feel connected, feeling like your making a contribution and to move forward. Yesterday I finally got around to some work on etchings in stone. Felt good to create something. Felt good to get moving on a project. Felt good to make something for someone else.
Of course with practice my skills should increase so I’ll wait a bit before sharing some of those pieces. Thinking about switching to wood just for the ease of work with the materials and that I can get quicker practice on this. I’m realizing I have to think things through a bit more before grinding away. It is exciting to just freelance at it though. Sometimes those are the things I’ve been most pleased with.
Lunch at Shannon’s.
Took my wife and in-laws to Shannon’s today. Well let me correct myself, they treated us (thank you again). I’ve always like Shannon’s Bar and Restaurant. Its good comfort food. I’m surprised it doesn’t attract a younger crowd though. Food was excellent as always. Never been disappointed here. Today’s meal was a grilled Reuben which was great. Actually two of us had the Reuben. A tuna melt and open faced roast beef sandwich with lots of gravy rounded out the order. Service was good as always.
Random Thoughts for Friday September 18th 2015
- So much has been given to me. I hope I’ve shown the proper appreciation.
- I can’t wait to listen to some music an old friend created and sent me this week.
- So many suffer each day. How can we who are healthy and safe not be thankful.
- So much to do, isn’t it great. So little time, doesn’t that suck.
- I love living in this county. But its on the verge of such a drastic change that I’m not sure it’s still for me.
- I had a county office tailgating me the other day. Too bad the law doesn’t apply to all.
So I’ll leave you this morning with this smiling face below. Just playing around.