Time to eat dinner again. Isn’t it great? No matter the destination. The dinner table, a restaurant, carry out, the deck, on the beach, tv trays, standing around with family or friends. No matter what it is, dinnertime is that last special food end to each day. Looking back, I’m glad my wife made an issue of having dinner together as a family as often as possible a priority.
This at least got us in front of each other during many hectic years. It was a lot of fun. Laughter, the kids playing games, the review of the cook, sharing my brutal day and my better half getting all the updates from the children, reviewing the schedule and laying down the law. Then desert and green ball.
Green ball was what the kids ran to do when dinner/desert was finished. There was this green ball and they would case and throw it at each other and laugh. It was great. It is a very fond memory.
Dinnertime is great, unless you work nights where dinner is breakfast. I have experienced that also. And that is a story for another day.
Random Thoughts for Monday June 13th 2016
- I love to drive, just not to work.
- Could be the last game of the NBA Finals tonight.
- I think my better half and I are both trying to see which can make the other happier. We’re going to have to sprinkle in an argument soon or were going to start to question if we are the ones that we married almost 4 decades ago.
- Big event coming up, got to work on a speech. The pressure is on.
- I have to start educating myself again. Got lazy the last few months.