I was sitting here thinking about how many more office chairs I’ll need in my lifetime. As the two I have are starting to show some age like their owner.
Then I wondered about how many more sunrises. How many more hugs. How many more photos. How many more handholds. How many more racks of ribs. How many more songs. You know whatever stuff you love. When you get older the thought crosses your mind every so often. I don’t get depressed about that stuff but I do remind myself to appreciate each step, each breath, each day, each relationship.
Boy these weekends sure do go by quickly but I do have a lot to show for it. I added a thousand images to my photo site. It’s going to take me another week or two but I hope to have that site updated by the end of the year and ready to share with you all.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- It felt good to help someone out today. I should do it more often. If it weren’t for the full time job it would be a lot easier.
- Well I missed getting to Arlington this weekend. Looks like I will see all the wreaths at the headstones next weekend after all.
- As you get older its harder to remember where every one of the thousands of potholes are in the streets of DC.
- Sometimes working alone is OK.
- Before you know it some young children might be waking you up to inform you its Christmas morning. I miss those days.