I’m looking forward to having the time to explore. Instead of swinging by and getting out and taking a quick shot on a Sunday morning while out for a short drive, I’ll have the time to visit and learn about stores and places in our area like the spot below called the Pink Cabbage in a short time.
Spots with natural or rustic beauty. New and old. Maybe homes that exude feeling or style. I’ve always wanted to document the places of worship around the area. Some are very unique.
I have a ton of ideas I’m going to add to this thing I do here. Not sure what will stick but the wall will be covered.
As I looked at the bright orange morning sky over my neighbor’s home when I went out to unplug the Xmas lights, I recall the tricks I used to play on myself. Working nights this is really, my sunset. At this time of year, this is what I see when I crash for a few hours. You tell your mind what you need to survive. I’ll be dropping this illusion shortly.
Down to 13 and 1/2 nights to go. Maybe one less, I don’t feel like working Christmas this year and it is my partner’s turn but he just got engaged and he’s got to go out and get another job so maybe I’ll gift him this. I’ve worked so many holidays over my career that 2024 is going to be a special year of appreciation on those dates. And hopefully for many years beyond that.
Kind of fitting that New Year’s Day will be my first holiday off. A great start to 2024.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I hope to accomplish something special in retirement. I’m going to both speed up and slow down.
- I have no problem putting my car cover on or taking it off. But a garage would be nice.
- I’m going to adjust my driving time to avoid as many people as possible. Too many crazy’s out there.
- Those with weak minds allow reality to be bent.
- There is a snowball up the street calling my name. I must respond when they open.