I bet throwing my leg over the saddle and turning the key would be just as natural as climbing out of bed in the morning. It’s been a lot of years since I rode a motorcycle.
I used today’s title “Lets Ride” meaning I’m ready to go. The mindset has changed over the last month and I decided to start incorporating some of my new Retirement Routine into my schedule—things like exercise. Even though I’m not retired yet, I’ve been able to put a few miles on each day on the treadmill and do some light weights every other day.
The amount of photo editing and printing has picked up substantially. I’m reading and learning more things that interest me. And I’m in the workroom almost every day doing a little carving. That skill is going to take a good bit of practice.
And this is just November. I think I’ll add a few more things in December and I’ll be off to a flying start in January.
Remember when collecting sports memorabilia was more for your own pure joy of having that priceless object? Now every object has a price it seems. I’ve had a few items from my youth and passed along from my parents that are more important to me than the dollars they could provide. Maybe my children will feel differently. I hope they have objects from their youth that nobody could offer enough for. They will have the choice to make with a few of mine eventually.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I forget more random thoughts than I remember.
- Watching the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean is nice, even on a webcam.
- The nice thing about doing your own thing is that if it makes you happy, you have succeeded.
- Being afraid of a bully is no way to live. Especially when he is a coward.
- Some people just can’t help being nasty. That’s okay, karma visits them.