Even though things are far from perfect in the world and in my own life, there is so much to be thankful for that worrying about what isn’t right, is a fruitless exercise. Not to mention a waste of time. I’m going to get in a good mood and carry it onto others who need a boost.
It’s a sweatsuit day. One that I can adjust the waste if needed. I’m looking forward to eating well today and ready to do some extra time on the treadmill to make up for it. I can already envision the end of the feast with a slice of pecan pie (warmed of course) and some vanilla ice cream on the side.
I’ll retire to the office later after our family day is done and try to crank out some more work, listen to some music, and think about what I can do tomorrow to help others.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- My food always tastes better at Thanksgiving and Xmas when I know I helped someone else I don’t know eat well. You should try it.
- The less I focus on myself the happier I am.
- The more you look to brighten someone else’s day, the better day you will have.
- If you have the ability to make others smile and don’t use it, you may be wasting an incredible talent.
- If you can make others smile when you’re not smiling on the inside, that is a very nice gift.
- When I think about smiling, I do.