I really like the warmth of that sun shining through my office window this morning. After that cloudy weekend, it’s nice to see the brightness again. What I won’t be seeing except on the TV this year are the Maryland Basketball teams. College basketball is my favorite spectator sport. And this is going to be really strange not attending a single game. I just wish them luck on getting the season going this Wednesday for the men and making it through the year.
College football looks like it is going to struggle to finish. and there are still a few more months of pro football to see if that can survive. I do give them an A for effort and I understand the economics involved. But if things continue to go south what is the tipping point?
Anyway, good luck to the Maryland Men’s and Women’s teams this year. Maybe it’s a good analogy for the future. Each year I get so excited about the prospect of the returning players mixed in with the new talent. Each year it’s a new mixture to assemble into a success. Each year fan’s expectations go sky-high. You walk into the stadium feeling you can win every game. But that isn’t realistic. You can’t win every game. Just like we have to be realistic now and adjust our expectations, needs, wishes, and hopes. We can still be happy. We can still try. But we have to be smart.
OK, a fresh start to the week. I’m trying hard to get reinspired. But in mud, I feel mired. The cold air is setting in and I feel the need to hibernate. But that would delay my goals and make me late. I need that lift to get me off the ground. I’m looking for that trigger to make it happen all around. So till then, I’ll do my best to try to press on. And at the end of the day, I’ll smile and hopefully say Ya Mon.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- The sound of rain overnight is like a sleeping pill.
- Thinking of someone very special who’s in the hospital now.
- I’ve got to make some decisions on some old things I’ve had around the home for a long time. No, not the better half, I’m keeping her.
- I’m starting to appreciate this time at home from the job.
- Sometimes my back tells me that doing something, is wrong right away and I’m thankful for those times. It’s when he plays the practical joke of letting me overdue it that an ugly price is paid.