Do you feel like a nobody sometimes? I know I do. And that is OK with me. I’m somebody to the people that matter to me. And I don’t feel the need to be somebody to everybody. I’ll leave that to the Kardashians. The type of jobs I’ve had have pretty much been in the background or in the non-glamor positions. Again, I’m fine in supporting roles.
I know how important they are. For instance, a world-famous Editor can take a Pulitzer Writers best story and make it magic, the Design teams can take stunning Picture of the year images and Video with gazillions of views and put that together in award-winning fashion. And all of that doesn’t mean squat if the computer system goes down or the network can’t transmit the pages to the print site or the computer to plate system goes down or the website fails.
I take pride in being part of a group of people that keeps the daily and minute-by-minute machines running every day of the year. Doctors may perform life-saving surgery, but it’s nurses who day by day bring people back to health, give them hope and inspiration. Most all professions have many behind-the-scenes people that make it look seamless and easy and repeatable without fail.
If you have ever worked nights, it’s a whole other world that keeps the world we all live in moving, powered, fed, cleaned, and stocked. Many other things also and it’s a world unknown to many. Yeah while you guys sleep.
Anyway, I was just comfortable sitting here knowing that I’m in a large group of company of nobody’s and that is great with me.
And who knows, maybe in my senior years I’ll write a good story or book or take those remarkable photos or videos. But I’m great with the few that follow along today and if that never changes, I’m very good with that. I’d rather affect a few people genuinely than the masses superficially. So back to work I get after my short pause.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I know not posting looks lazy. Really I have been anything but.
- Yesterday marked 10 years since my Mom left this earth. I miss her. When your parents are gone, alone takes on a new perspective.
- The Aaron Rodgers Green Bay Packers dispute is about poor communication. And I understand his position entirely.
- As the rain started yesterday I stood with my granddaughter and watched the reaction to the drops hitting her skin. As it picked up I said time to go in and she didn’t want to and said “Stay.” I think she might be onto something.
- Getting older is like going to war. People are dropping all around you.
- I’ve always tried to vote for the person who I thought was best for the job. Well, that has been modified. I will never vote for any Republican official at any level ever again.