Had to say goodbye to an old work friend today. A life snuffed out by cancer again. Pisses me off, we could probably solve things like that if the world wasn’t at each other’s throats all the time and dumping huge sums into tools of war. Cancer scares the hell out of me. It’s one of the few things in life that I’m paranoid about.
I miss the love of a pet. I get some when my son’s dogs visit, and when I go over to my friend’s homes. But it’s been several years now without a pet in our home. I think I’ll get my animal fix by maybe heading over to the shelter and seeing if I can help or just spend some time with the animals or at least drop off a donation.
Time to contact an old childhood friend and say hello tomorrow. One of our common passions (the band The Who) is touring again. Been a long time catching up and hope to change that. Also, time to get back to a few old work friends and catch up.
And I better finish this post before I have to rush saying Hello to Tuesday.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Highways are like life. It only takes a few idiots to gum up the works.
- Tomorrow I will do better and be more productive. Feeling like I let myself down today catching up on rest.
- The piece of crap that keeps calling in bomb threats to our colleges needs to be caught and spend a lot of time in jail.
- Making time to read isn’t the hard part, reading something good in that time is important part.
- Imagine that, an accounting firm dropping someone with accountablity problems.