An interesting start to the day as I stepped outside my basement door at 6:10 am and I looked to the right where I had left the gate open into the fenced pool area (the pool is gone) and a beautiful fox is in there. He froze but then started to look as if he was going to attempt to jump over it which would be a feat because it’s a 7-foot leap and surrounded by a hill of rocks on the outside of it. So I quickly backed off and went back in the door leaving it open a crack so I could watch him run out and back to the woods behind our house.
I was a beautiful animal and looked very healthy. I’ve seen him cruising this area the last month or two and can tell because his coat is much brighter than others and he is bigger than most of the foxes I’ve seen around. So I go back out about 30 minutes later to check the weather and there is a small herd of deer passing through and grazing along the tree line. Seeing this prompted me to pick up the camera because I was already pissed about not having it for the fox.
Another day slips by. Yes, it was a productive one, but I’m sure I let a few opportunities pass me by so I’ll try harder tomorrow. A good day ahead for some indoor chores, I hope to surprise my better half with the progress.
I’m all set up to turn some wood into sawdust tomorrow. A couple of freehand attempts and hopefully finish up a carving for my Son. I’m going to be more into personal gifts in the future.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I’m feeling more hope today. Which inspires me to get busier.
- Tonight I had leftover leftovers. And I’m grateful to have had a meal.
- Any day you can end with a smile is a good day.
- I hope there is something and or someone who has the magical ability to get this country working together again and less at each other’s throats.
- I swear the DEA needs to test ice cream for addictive substances. I wonder if there is a 12 step group for this?