Every once in awhile I ask myself what am I doing. And by that, I mean with my blog and hobbies. Yeah, they are hobbies, but ones I enjoy a lot. They are more of a passion than hobbies.
Snapped these images from my neighbors garden today. Photos by Mike Hartley.
I’d love to spend more than a few minutes here and there working on my crafts but I just haven’t made it the priority I had hoped. When I started I easily thought I could pull together a post or two a day. The things to write about and photograph were endless. The images of designs and treatments to accompany the work. The interaction with the community. The incorporation of video and carvings and sculptures.
I thought I could do a lot more and maintain a busy personal and professional life. I was wrong and right. I have done a lot with the time I’ve had. And I underestimated the job of doing everything myself. That has been a common mistake of mine over history.
But I’m happier than ever. I’ve used it to look at myself a little more. I’ve used it to help work through some issues. I’ve gotten enjoyment from starting this and some work on my photo site. But time is moving by me very fast and if I want to get nearer my goals I’m going to have to shape up and do more. So here is my fresh start.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Laughter is really the best medicine.
- You’ve heard of “Hammer Time.” Well at my house we have “Hammock Time”
- And a special day it was.
- The more relaxed I am, the more creative I feel.
- I keep fighting the urge to add Instagram to my ritual of social media behaviors.
- I believe I missed going to the county fair last year. I don’t think I’m going to miss it this year. I mean its a bargain because I finally qualify for the Senior discount price for entrance.