I was reading the question of the day from another blog I follow and it was ” If you could switch places with someone for a week, with whom would you like to do it and why? Well, this got me thinking of course. And even though I comment fairly often and enjoy it, I thought my answer to this one might be a bit long for a comment.
First off, I’m entirely happy being me. I haven’t always been, but I wouldn’t trade places with anyone. Well maybe a healthier version of me without the cancers and back issues. This is especially true since I’ve really started to appreciate what I’ve been given. So the short answer is no thanks, I might miss something very special in my own life if I were to trade places with someone for a week.
But as I thought about it, and I chuckled, a few things popped to mind. First, a number of people entered my head so I thought I’d break the week up into days. On Monday I’d like to be either Richard Pryor or George Carlin to know what comic genius feels like.
On Tuesday I’d like to be Kobe and Shaq for a day to see what incredible physical gifts in my favorite sport felt like. On Wednesday I’d like to devote the day to music and be able to play drums like Neal Peart and keyboards like Billy Powell and guitars like Eric Clapton and bass like John Entwistle.
On Thursday I’d like to spend the day outside being Ansel Adams photographing and all evening in the studio being Annie Lebovitz.
On Friday I’d like to be Myron Mixon and cook up the best and largest bbq for my family and friends. Add in some crabs also.
On Saturday I’d like to spend a few moments as my wife, my children, and my best friends to understand what would make me a better husband, father, and friend. On Sunday I’d like to be a younger version of myself and pass on a boatload of wisdom that I needed when I was younger.
Actually, I might ask for a few weeks because I can think of some more people I’d like to change places with.
- I’d like to find the most giving person alive and feel what it’s like to be selfless.
- I’d like to change places with the Dad I never got to know to find out what he was like.
- I’d like to see what it felt like to be Dale Earnhart racing to victory.
- I had better stop this before I bore people.
I got my ass in gear today and hoisted the camera for a few images. Might even head back out this evening and grab a few night frames. Really going to try to get fresh material in this each day.
I didn’t realize till I got home and did some editing of my walk around Ellicott City today that I had a lot of glass in my shots.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- The more I do the more I’m inspired to do. At least in my own work.
- Two very longtime friends moving away this next month. Not far enough to keep us apart but will make the frequency of visits less often I fear.
- Sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time. If you get that feeling a lot, you’re doing well.
- Tomorrow is going to be special for a number of reasons.
- Any day you can start off by helping someone, its a nice start.