Why shouldn’t I feel rested. I mean it’s a day off right? I shouldn’t feel guilty about being rested. As a matter of fact that recliner in the basement today felt like being by the pool in the recliner. Ah, the thought of a warm summer day and baking a little on each side before a dip in the pool.
You know I haven’t been in a pool in a good long time. But that is OK, I know one day I’ll have the opportunity again and it will be appreciated. Just like today is. I should have respected the time more and made better use of it but was feeling tired from a long night’s work. Plus I’m a little concerned about someone close, so my mind isn’t the relaxed mass it usually is.
But there are still a few hours to make use of and still get a decent night’s rest before returning to the workweek again. So I think I’ll go create some sawdust with the Dremel tool. I need the practice before I get working on a detailed piece for someone special.
Someone had a lucky day today. While I was sleeping this morning from my night shift a guy trying to sell siding came to the door DESPITE a NO SOLICITING sign on my Front Door. Talk about blind or balls. Anyway, my better half politely said no thanks and he was off. I on the other hand would ask him why would I buy siding from someone who can’t read.
I wish it was an offense for them to ignore a no-soliciting sign but it’s not in this county. The trouble is there are a few as usual who ruin it for the respectful ones. Like the fools who will sit on your doorbell or pound your screen door till it bends. Or maybe you just catch them wandering around your yard before introducing themselves. Or the pushy ones that don’t take “no thanks” or “I’m busy” for an answer. All of which should be legal to pelt with paintballs on the spot.
Anyway if you are a door-to-door solicitor, sorry your just going to get the “no thanks, you have a nice day but please leave” and if they don’t smile and turn and go then they get the flip side of having a nice day. If it’s not someone calling to sell something it’s someone at the door trying to sell something. Maybe instead of the no soliciting a “No Money, used my last for dollars for ammunition” sign would work better?
Random Thoughts of the Day
- I always thought the Big10 allowed a lot of contact?
- I try to focus in the mornings. It’s just difficult till I put on my glasses.
- I’m on a streak of reduced screen time on that stupid smartphone and I’m going to keep it up.
- Lets see here, Juwan Howard makes $3.25 million a year says an article in the Detroit News from Nov. 2021. And the fine he just got was for $40K. I read also that Greg Guard earns $2.65 million and was fined $10K. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that a very very very small fraction of these mens salaries? Let me see, if I put my hands on another employee, the least I would get is suspended and maybe fired but probably a final warning if anything ever came up I would be terminated. And if I took a swing and connected with another employee I would be fired. Since they are employees of the State, maybe they also should think about fining them? I mean state employes have a code of conduct to follow don’t they?
- OK, I promise to have a better attitude tomorrow.