A little rough weather headed to our great state of Maryland today and tomorrow. In looking at webcams of Ocean City it appears the winds are already starting to rock that city with about half of them not responding and the others shaking in the wind and blowing sheets of rain.
Just a little wet here to start the day and I did the storm prep outside yesterday. I hope the weather doesn’t derail plans to see the children today but it’s possible. I don’t want them traveling in high winds and sheets of rain.
Life is a lot like the weather. You really have no control over what it throws at you and when. You might think you can predict it but it always has a surprise for you.
I’m used to getting up early when my back sends me some pain signals. Lots of times I can get back to sleep. Today at 3 am was a bit early and it was the kind that opened my eyes for the rest of the morning at least.
So making the best use of time I headed into the workroom to do a little work with the Dremel tool and hopefully finish a few projects for the kids.
I’m tempted to get out and do a little foul-weather shooting today. I don’t have a good body of work in that area yet.
I really enjoyed cooking dinner last night. I already picked a meal for early next week. I’m looking forward to spending more time in the kitchen and at the grill as the job that pays the bills is more in the rearview mirror.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Welcome to the first day of fall. I hope it’s not an indication of things to come.
- No time is going to be lost with this new management in making changes is my first impression.
- Wishing one of my best friends good luck today on Kent Island.
- One of those days when you wake and charge everything.
- I think I’ll take advantage of the hot water we have now and shower just in case we lose power.