As you can see my lock is rather rusted. Probably because I didn’t touch it for far to long. I even wondered in the beginning if I was going to be able to get it open. Even before I thought about trying to open it, thoughts about why even attempt it at this age. For my opportunity to maybe make a career out of my interest must have passed by now.
In some ways I’m still conflicted by it. When I was young, I let the wonderful work of others intimidate me and when I couldn’t produce something better in the beginning I got discouraged. In other words I didn’t feel like I could compete at that level and make a living at it. So I gave up.
And while I did go into this to give myself some challenges and do things I enjoy doing at the same time, when retired to keep me very active and thinking. But I have always been wondering, can I actually start to generate an income from it someday?
Then I saw this quote from a blog I follow called Pi Photography and Fine Art.
“It is never too late to be what you might have been.”
― George Eliot
What a brilliant thing to come across now. True inspiration for a semi young old man.
- Well, welcome to October. I must have had a really good September because it really flew by.
- I’ve been recharged because I’ve seen my children this past week.
- Some days I’m good at overcoming how I feel. Other days not so good. I have to improve my batting average.
- These last two days have reminded me that its time to change the wardrobe soon.
- I got a text from my body this morning. It said take my ass to Florida.