Wow, it was chilly this morning when I stepped outside. The first time a complete body shiver was experienced in some time. Some feel refreshed and invigorated by this feeling. That is not my reaction at all. And it’s just the beginning of the season of dread for me.
One thing I dread about winter is the driving. People in the DMV (District, Maryland, Virginia) area have enough issues when its a dry track. Throw in some wetness that freezes and its nuts. My record long commute on the way home once was 6 and half hours. I’ve had dozens of rides of multiple hours each way. Of course now my desire to risk my car and my own health isn’t what it used to be. Not that my employer would endorse that attitude, they don’t own my body or pay for the repairs on the car so I make my own rules now instead of the blind devotion I once had. Plus I have more of a work from home option now than I used to which is a real perk.
Winter season is also harder for me to stay in shape other than round but this year is going to be different. It seems all my close friends are also watching their weight so I’m on that bandwagon and plan on eating smart and putting that treadmill in my basement to very good use.
Last weekend I saw my better half taking my summer shorts to the basement for the coming season. I can’t wait till they are back in my drawers and temps are once again on the way up instead of down.
Random Thoughts of the Day
- Reading is good. Listening is better. Understanding is tops.
- The thing I see in most businesses now is the lack of closeness between people who work there which can’t be good for teamwork.
- The older you get the less you enjoy driving at night.
- Pride in one’s children is a wonderful experience.
- After not having been on the road for almost 2 weeks I was rudely reminded yesterday as to how many idiots we have amongst us.